Thursday, September 22, 2011

Time to go!

So it's 10:30 pm on Wednesday, September 21 and my plane leaves in exactly 19 hours for a year-long trip to France.

Question: Is there anything in my suitcase.
Answer: Absolutely not.

This is one of those problems of having no idea what to expect from a totally new country, not really wanting to pack, and anxiety about not packing the right things.

Solution: Start a blog!

I mean, I am really excited to get to France, start drinking wine at lunchtime, and only work on Tuesdays and Thursdays (Yes, it's true!) but the idea of picking everything up and starting anew in a country without any comforts of home is truly daunting. That's ok though, for my farewell dinner we had a truly southern meal that I'll be missing for a year: fried chicken, mashed potatoes, green beans, and biscuits. Of course we did have wine, just to make it a little bit French. Hopefully this will be enough to tide me over until I find a new home-style french dinner for comfort. Well, I better put SOMETHING in my suitcase or I'll be shopping for an all new wardrobe in Paris (hmm..).
Next time I write, it'll be from the land of wine and cheese!


A bientot!

No comments:

Post a Comment